Friday, April 10, 2009

#92 Tornado and updates

As I sit here in the bathroom of Jonathan's house, I can hear the tornado siren blaring outside. The lights keep tinkering, so I'm not sure if we will lose power too. I'm not really scared, I just wish I could see what is going on outside. And if the tornado that has been spotted comes this way...at least I'm away from the windows. I can hear the wind, rain, and thunder. And this may be gross, but I'm sharing this bathroom with a fly. I guess it's not bothering me so I'm not going to bother it.

Life has been pretty good. Wedding things are going really well, I've marked so many things off my to-do list! The newspaper will publish it's last issue tomorrow, which is already pretty amazing. I can't believe its been an entire year! And...I only have 2 weeks until finals, which means 3 weeks until graduation...which means 5 WEEKS until the WEDDING! Yahooooo!

Here are a couple things that are ready to go:
Flowers - check
Suits arrived - check
Bridesmaid's gifts - check
Invitations delivered - check
RSVPs arriving - yay!
Ceremony timeline - check
Reception blue grass band (during dinner) - check check!!
Cellist for ceremony - check
Keyboardist for ceremony - check
Guitarist for ceremony - almost check

That's all I can think of at the moment. But I'm super excited! The bluegrass band is gonna be really fun. It's mostly a girl band (they have one guy I think) and they have beautiful voices. Jonathan, Kaitlin, and I went and listened to them last Sunday and decided we have to have a blue grass band play at our wedding. It's something that represents TN well, and something we enjoy as well. There is a Mountain Opry we go to some Friday nights. They have different blue grass bands play old tunes and gospel songs, its really fun. So Jonathan and I thought it would be a fun idea to have a blue grass band play during dinner at the reception. Its bound to be fantastic. Jonathan works at the hospital with one of the ladies who is in the band, so we've got some connections. :)

Anyway, there is a mini update for now. I'll follow up more these next couple days. 
This is what I have left on my list:

Hair
Makeup
Ceremony songs
Reception dance mix
Dance lessons?
Pick first dance song
Vows
Print wedding programs
Create/make favors (you will love them)
Write thank you notes (:D our showers were all amazing...so much fun!! thank you!!)
Stay safe from this tornado (the siren is going off again)
Finally decide what to do about dessert
Cake toppers (check these...oh I <3>
Welcome baskets
Get some sunshine, but not too much.
Veil and headpiece
Guestbook

Not too shabby. They are all totally manageable. :)
I'm off for now! Only 37 more days!

No comments: