Tuesday, July 29, 2008

#4 The Place is Reserved. Flowers and Food coming!

Yayyy! I'm so excited that we finally decided on a location. Check my first entry - we are having it there. Did I mention that it's gorgeous?
 
On the agenda for Thursday:
10 am - Pay car insurance bill
11 am - Meet Ron in Cleveland and talk about flowers for the wedding
2 pm - Talk to Tara about catering
3:30 pm - Massage (gift from friend)
5:30 pm - Knockout aerobics class (yeah...if i REALLY feel ambitious after that massage)
7 pm - Going away party for Adam.

So I guess it doesn't really seem that wedding oriented, but I'm hoping to feel accomplished after Thursday. I've called numerous florists and caterers and Ron and Tara were the only truly nice people. Everyone else just wants to suck money out of my wallet. If only you could hear my experiences. They are too brutal to share. :(

As for flowers, I think I'll save money by only ordering bouqets and boutonnieres, plus any special corsages and boutonnieres. We've got family friends that have a connection with flowers so I think we'll be able get a pretty good rate on bulk flowers for center pieces. The idea is to keep it simple, yet elegant. None of that fancy flower arrangement stuff. Don't get me wrong, I think they are nice nice, but it's not quite my style. If anyone sees any cool vases pass the word on to me. :D I like this photo. A couple flowers with a fun vase. Check the flower and vase in the back of photo 2. I like the cupcakes too.



I'd like my bouquet to be all white. Now as for which flowers...I'm not sure yet. However, I know that I don't want roses and I do want something like a daisy. After all, it is my favorite flower :) Aren't these bouquets beautiful?



1 comment:

Lori-Bee said...

I know this is probably old and too late, but what about white Gerbera daises?